Membership in the Fairfax Genealogical Society is open to individuals and organizations that subscribe to the Society's purposes. The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30.
How to Join
To become a member, please download and complete a Membership Application. Return the form with your Membership dues according to the instructions on the application.
We regularly distinguish those members making a significant contribution to the Society through citations, certificates of appreciation, and recognition at our meetings.
- Invitation to all Society programs, including SIG events, field trips, and other special events.
- Subscription to the Fairfax Genealogical Society Newsletter, including access to archived issues
- Access to the Society's Members Only Web site
- Participation in the Surname Exchange List
- Inclusion on the Society's Membership Email List
- Access to the Society's recording library of past programs and conferences
- $20 discount on registration to the Society's Annual Spring Conference
- 20% discount on Society publications
- 40% discount on the Federation of Genealogical Societies' quarterly FORUM Magazine
Membership Categories and Dues
The Society membership categories and dues are as follows:
- Individual Membership ($22.00)
- Household Membership (Individual Membership rate, plus $5.00 per additional household member)
- Organization Membership ($22.00)
- Lifetime Membership ($400)
- Honorary Lifetime Membership is presented for exceptional service to the Society or to the theory and/or practice of genealogy by the Executive Board.